Founder and Executive Director,
Tetra Excellence Consulting Pte Ltd
- M. Education & Training, University of Southern Queensland
- Practicing Management Consultant
- Certified TetraMap® Facilitator
- Certified Neuro-Linguisitics Programming
- Certified Executive Coach
Raymond has served in the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) for 27 years. Some of the significant appointments he held include Battalion Commander, Brigade Operations Officer, Staff Officer in Ministry of Defence (MINDEF), Wing Commander and Deputy Commander of the Air Force School (AFS).
His vast experience with the RSAF covers the areas of operations, training, human resource planning and management, budget control and strategic planning. These experiences set the foundation for him to becoming an active, experienced and professional trainer, consultant and executive coach.
Raymond is a qualified Practicing Management Consultant (PMC). He has served as the MINDEF Excellence Award (MES) Assessor and involved in preparing 4 units from the Singapore Armed Force (SAF) to prepare the Service Excellence Niche Standard certification.
Additionally, he had many exposures to the Singapore Quality Class (SQC) consulting projects. As PMC, he is able to provide his Business Excellence consulting services to companies in Singapore with grants supported by Enterprise Singapore (ESG).
Raymond is an experienced certified Executive Coach and has served as Executive Coach for SAF since Nov 2007. He has since then coached more than 50 senior officers and corporate leaders.
Raymond is certified as qualified coach with Stolmack Group Pte Ltd (Australia), University of Lancaster (UK) and Erickson Coaching International (Canada).
Raymond Yap is also an established Master TetraMap®️ Facilitator certified by Yoshimi and Jon Brett, founders of the TetraMap®️. He is also a certified facilitator for Points of You®️, MBTI and SDI profiling tools. Lastly, he is a certified Neuro-Linguistics Programming (NLP) Master Practitioner.
Raymond’s Specialty and Style
Raymond is a trainer that “walks the talk” and uses himself as an instrument for participants to learn. His powerful personal leadership shines through his facilitation and training. Participants benefit from his deep and open sharing of personal experiences and anecdotes.
Raymond uses a variety of styles to train, depending on the group profile and participant’s background. He uses games, role-play and activities to make learning rich, engaging and meaningful. His enthusiasm for learning and life often rubs off his participants, who walk away feeling inspired and with a renewed sense of energy.
What Participants say about Raymond
“LTC(NS) Raymond is very knowledgable and he articulate his intent very clearly to the class. He has also utilised wide examples and materials to assist in every lesson.”
“Raymond possesses an in-depth knowledge on this topic, encourages participation. Activities were fun and most importantly meaningful to the topic in the cause.”
“Raymond affects us with his energy and positivity and shows genuine care for people. He’s very well prepared and open and very suitable for thus job. Keep it up!”
- Master in Education and Training (University of Southern Queensland, Australia)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching (University of Lancaster, UK)
- Graduate Diploma in Leadership and Organisation Development (Singapore Civil Service College)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mech Engineering) (NTI-NUS)
- Certificate in Advanced Course in Learning Science (NIE – NTU)
- Practicing Management Consultant (Singapore)
- Certified Master TetraMap®️ Facilitator – TetraMap®️ International (New Zealand)
- Certificate in Accelerated NLP Master Practitioner (Mind Transformation, Singapore)
- Certificate in Accelerated NLP Practitioner (Mind Transformation, Singapore)
- Certified MBTI Facilitator – Hemisphere Consulting (Singapore)
- Qualified Strength Deployment Inventory®️ Facilitator – Personal Strengths Publishing Inc. (USA)
- Certificate in “The Art & Science of Coaching” with Erikson College International (Canada)
- Certified Executive Coach – Stolmack Group Pte Ltd (Australia)
- Certificate in Pathway to Business Coaching – Business Thinking System (Singapore)
- Certificate in Facilitator for Open Space Technology® and Future Search®️ – Facilitator Network Singapore (Singapore)
- Certificate in Business Excellence Consultant (SPRING Singapore)
- Certificate in Business Excellence Assessment (SPRING Singapore)
- Certificate in Service Excellence Consultant Course (SPRING Singapore)
- Certificate in Service Excellence Assessor Course (SPRING Singapore)
- Certificate in “Edward De Bono’s 6 Thinking Hats – Edward de Bono Training Associates (Singapore)
- EXCO – International Consortium of Experiential Learning (ICEL) since 2006
- Vice President – Learning and Performance Network (LPN) Singapore 2012 – 2015
- Vice President – American Society for Training Development, Global Network Singapore (ASTD GNS) (2011 – 2012)
- Member – Open Space World
- Member – Future Search Network
- Member – Learning Organisation Practitioner Network (LOPN)
- Member – Facilitator Network Singapore (FNS)
- Member – Singapore Professionals’ and Executives’ Co-operative Limited (SPEC)
International, National and Societal Contributions
- Serving as Executive Coach to the SAF Command and Staff College Student since Nov 07.
- Committee member of Singapore Facilitator Conference 2013
- Serving as Session Leader in the ASTD Asia Pacific Conference in Nov 2011.
- Committee member of 11st International Conference on Experiential Learning (ICEL) 2010, Chile
- Committee member of 10st International Conference on Experiential Learning (ICEL) 2008, Australia
- Steering Committee Member, ASTD GNS 2008 – 2012
- Chairperson of Event Committee, ASTD GNS 2007
- Committee member of 2nd Singapore Facilitator Conference 2008
- Committee member of 1st Singapore Facilitator Conference 2007
- Committee member of 9th IAF Asia Annual Conferences in Singapore 2006
- Involved in the “Hair For Hopes” 2010 fund raising for the Singapore Children Cancer Foundation
Organising Chairman for organising a WOW day for the Bright Vision Hospital on 8 Mar 08.
- Served as a volunteer with the Singapore Cheshire Home.
- Served as a volunteer with the HCA Hospice Care (HCA). He conducts “A Touch of Love” workshop under the Student Education Programme (SEP) with HCA to bring awareness on the Hospice and create love and care for the secondary school students in Singapore.